Electronic devices like iPads have revolutionized how we carry out everyday tasks. They have made it easier for people to learn new skills and enhance the existing ones. People have become so used to iPads that they keep them in their hands all the time. But sometimes, it can get so tiring that you need a Lamicall iPad stand to hold it.
Why Do You Need An iPad Stand?
Ever since the Covid-19 lockdown happened, the demand for iPads has been increasing. I use it for carrying out multiple tasks from home, such as attending meetings, connecting with clients, preparing presentations, and so on. While doing these tasks, there are many times when I feel that only a stand holder can unleash my iPad’s fullest potential.
Holding the tablet in hand for a long time causes strain in my eyes, arms, back, and neck, so I decided to eliminate the discomfort and save myself from pain. Maybe you should do that too!
What Are The Major Benefits Of Using An iPad Stand?
A good quality iPad stand helps hold the device and my books, tablets, e-readers, etc. I can use it anywhere, whether in bed, train, flight, park, or on the sofa. Let’s learn some of the other benefits of using it:
The amount of mobility provided by these stands is a great asset to encourage its usage throughout your entire home, whether your room or the backyard. I carry it to a nearby park or a cafe and relax while reading my favorite book. Some stands even have wheels so that you can quickly move the device wherever you want.
I have realized that only high-quality iPad stands can hold a device with minimal bouncing. Their base is made up of durable and robust material, which prevents tipping. Thus allowing you a long, adjustable reach to put the iPad where you want. Sometimes I also place a book on it or a small mirror while doing my makeup, not worrying about tipping everything off.
One of the significant benefits of using an iPad stand is not holding the device in your hands all the time. I simply put it on the stand at eye level and watch my favorite movie with all the convenience. I can eat popcorn, make notes, pet my dog, do skincare, organize my room, or cook simultaneously with free hands.
Besides being physically adjustable and mobile, stand holders are also virtually adjustable. You can easily switch them from landscape to portrait orientation or vice versa. Some even have 360-degrees rotation for easy reading while lying down, sitting, or moving about the house.
As tablet stands allow you to move the device to your convenience, your health is improved. You do not have to adjust your body according to the device, but the opposite happens. Whether sitting, standing, crouching or constantly moving, you can tune the stand accordingly. Thus, it reduces your back, neck, and wrist pain and also improves eyesight.
How To Pick the Right Stand For Your Device?
You might have a fair amount of idea about what kind of stand you want, but it can still get overwhelming as there are many options out there. Here are some crucial factors that I consider when selecting an ideal stand for my tablet:
You obviously don’t want to see your tablet falling off every time you rotate the screen or adjust its height. So, make sure it is sturdy enough not to tip over easily. I prefer stands that have clips or stickers holding them in place.
There are times when I feel comfortable viewing the screen in portrait mode, while other times I prefer landscape mode. So, for me, a stand that allows switching between these two modes and easy rotation is the ideal one.
As every stand has a different height, I buy one according to my height. If you are tall, choose a stand that you can adjust to your eye level, whether standing or sitting. Just make sure you are comfortable all the time.
This point is not just about the size of the tablet stand but more about the size of the tablet it can support. As tablet stands come in different shapes and sizes, they should be large enough to hold bigger tablets because portable ones can only hold the smaller ones.
Lastly, functionality in a product is not the only thing that matters. For me, aesthetics is a crucial factor that influences my buying decision. If you’re using a product every day, it must give you pleasure to look at. The majority of the people in the marketing and art field give value to aesthetics over functionality.
Here I will review my favorite iPad stands from different brands along with their pros and cons.
1. Lamicall Adjustable iPad Stand A1
This adjustable tablet stand holder by Lamicall is famous for its compatibility with a wide range of devices. Whether you are using an iPad Pro, Air Mini, Surface Pro, Galaxy, or Kindle, it will hold all of them without making you worry about tipping anything off. There are many reasons why it is my go-to model, which I want to share with you to help make an intelligent buying decision.
Like most high-quality stands, it is also built with premium material that protects my tablet from daily scratches. I found it ideal for playing games, watching movies, studying, video conferencing, reading, and doing many more things. What’s so special about Lamicall-stand-iPad is that it is made up of spaceflight Al-Ti alloy and steel material, giving it higher strength and lighter weight.
Since this holder only supports tablets up to 13-inches, if you are using anything more significant than that and find it’s not stable to use, you can set it horizontally. Many of my friends try to fit a laptop in it and complain about the stand wobbling every time they touch the screen. So, I came up with this hack, and it has made my experience of using the stand even more convenient.
Lamicall Adjustable iPad Stand A1 Product Configuration
|Product Dimensions||4 x 6 x 4 inches|
- Compatible with devices ranging from 4 to 13 inches.
- Adjustable to both vertical and horizontal viewing.
- It allows 360-degrees and back and forth rotation.
- The minimalist and elegant design makes it perfect for any space.
- The Center of gravity at low points keeps the stand from tipping off.
- Sturdily built and rubber pads keep your device safe and secure.
- 18mm hook width allows it to fit a range of devices.
- Provides stability even if you place it on the bed or sofa.
- Unlike other products, it comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Al-Ti alloy and steel give higher strength and lighter weight.
- Bounces a little when interacting with the tablet.
- One cannot fold it completely – it remains in an L shape.
- Extremely difficult to open and move the holder sometimes.
2. Pitaka Magnetic Tablet Stand
This tablet stand from Pitaka is famous for improving the productivity of an individual. I once used it at my friend’s and noticed that it has a zinc-aluminum alloy built, which contributes to its sturdiness, allowing it to hold even 1kg of weight easily. On top of that, you can even use it with any tablet with a metal sticker.
- The magnetic stand can hold up to 2.2lbs of weight.
- It lets you switch between portrait and landscape mode.
- Material is sturdy enough to hold your device securely.
- You can adjust its height at almost eye level.
- Magnets ensure that the tablet stays put while you adjust the screen.
- The base wireless charges your Qi-enabled devices as well.
- Magnetic design allows you to remove the tablet with one hand.
- Portable enough to carry wherever you want.
- Matte finish and minimalist design make the stand look elegant.
- Its base has minor points to help you position your device.
- The magnetic square patch helps to attach the tablet to a surface.
- The bottom part of the stand is not flat, which makes it unstable.
- It may be a little expensive for some users.
3. Compulocks Nollie POS Stand
Built with high-grade aluminum, this Nollie Kiosk tablet stand is a lightweight yet durable item. I conjecture that the prime reason behind its popularity is its stylish finish which gives it a hanging screen look. It is made up of ultra-secure brackets with tamper-proof screws to provide stability during usage. Besides, the stands available today have specially designed brackets for lighting and audio jack support.
- Compatible with iPad Air, Air 2, Pro, and credit card readers.
- The tamper-proof security lock holds the device in place.
- Made up of high-grade aluminum, it provides durability.
- Sleek design and clean curves give a modern look to the device.
- It offers easy and quick installation.
- You can set it up on a variety of surfaces.
- Lighting and audio jack support give a fantastic experience.
- You can click pictures with its front and rear camera.
- Bolt it to the counter, or add a swivel base or security cable lock.
- No holes in the base to secure the stand to a surface.
- Some packages don’t provide top bolts to hold your iPad in place.
4. Universal Hand Grip Tablet Holder
This tablet from Universal is one of my favorites as it allows me to watch anything from the comfort of my bed. It offers 360-degrees adjustability, which is much needed for me, as I can’t work sitting in a single place all the time.
Besides adjustable viewing, it also offers flexibility and thoughtful design. Whether in the office, home, cafe, park, or kitchen, it accommodates my iPad with solid support. Also, its grip handles sturdily and securely holds my device while I am painting or reading.
- It provides 360-degrees + 180-degrees rotation.
- Attaches and detaches the tablet effortlessly.
- Durable ABS and rubber ensure stability.
- You can orient it to different positions securely.
- You can adjust the tablet at any angle you want.
- Silicone pads on both sides protect your device.
- Supporting charging does not affect the use of buttons.
- Compatible with a range of devices of different sizes.
- The handle lets you carry, hang, and hold the tablet easily.
- Its handle design makes it easy to hang up on the wall.
- Suitable for restaurant displaying, urban sketching, reading, watching, etc.
- After constant usage, a screw or two may fall out of the handle.
5. iPad POS Kiosk
With its anti-theft security feature and elegant design, the Kiosk iPad stand has won the game for me. It is my favorite tablet holder as I don’t have to think twice before carrying it around. Its lock and key security keep my device safe at all times when I’m in the washroom, talking to a friend at the counter, or ordering a coffee.
There are a lot of other unique features encompassing this holder, which I’ll talk about in the below section.
- 360-degrees rotating allows vertical and horizontal viewing.
- It can easily fit even a square credit card reader.
- It is compatible with iPad Air, Air 2, and Pro.
- Its elegant design and silver finish gives a classy look.
- Combine it with POS software to make checkout easier.
- Made up of high-quality and long-lasting material.
- Pre-drilled holes in the base make installation easy and safe.
- Anti-theft security keeps your device secure inside the holder.
- It can be easily mounted to a wall, using screws to tighten.
- Ideal for commercial, educational, exhibition, and personal use.
- Kiosk offers free lifetime technical support on the stand holder.
- The stand base does not rotate.
If I had to pick any of the above stands, I would definitely choose Lamicall iPad stand A1 without even thinking twice. It is so sleek and highly durable. It is not too big and very well made from aluminum, with silicone pads on the tray to avoid sliding or scratching. The best thing is it is stable on the bed, so I don’t need to get up and sit on a chair when I want to use my tablet.
Although it is not the heaviest, it still allows me to write on the tablet without wobbling or falling over, providing an infinite number of angles. Overall, it is a great pick and will perfectly suit all your needs!