Tablets have become a staple in our daily lives as we use them for the simplest tasks. Whether looking for new recipes, movies, music, or books, these mini-computers are our everything. We always keep them in our hands, but sometimes life can get so busy that a Lamicall gooseneck tablet holder is needed to mount them.
How To Choose The Right Gooseneck Tablet Holder?
Tablet holders are used as a digital signage tool, a customer service aide, and a point of sale. The type of stand you choose to place your device has a direct bearing on how it serves you. As several types of holders are available out there, having unique features of their own, you must consider a few points before buying one.
When using a tablet holder in a workplace setting, a few questions pop up in my mind – Whether the stand is strong enough to support my device? Will the enclosure protect my tablet from the rigors of daily use? And so on.
As durability is a primary factor when selecting tablet stands, I choose the one that protects and allows my device to charge and upgrade. I personally prefer enclosures made of heavy-duty materials. Even if its base is free-standing, I make sure that it has sufficient weight to prevent my tablet from falling off.
Security is another factor that I look for when choosing a tablet stand. As I mainly use my tablet in a commercial space where random people usually walk by, I make sure to turn on the security feature in the enclosure. A lockable enclosure ensures that no one accesses your device while the stand thwarts any attempts of its removal.
As tablets are available in a range of sizes nowadays, their stands and enclosures also have a wide variety of options. Luckily, you get to pick between an enclosure that explicitly suits your device’s dimensions and a universal stand that can easily adjust to different sizes.
Considering where and how you will place your tablet, select a stand whose height will suit your purposes. I usually use my tablet for work reasons, so it is preferable for me to place it at eye level while sitting.
A fixed enclosure and device suffice for some people, but those like me, who walk around the room whenever working, prefer having a versatile instrument. I’m very indecisive when choosing between the portrait and landscape mode and swiveling the screen all the time. Thankfully, there are versatile tablet holder options available in the market.
I hate seeing all the cable wires loosely hanging from my tablet enclosure. If you’re just like me, you can select the holder that configures your stand to keep all the cables internally hidden.
Some people might think that aesthetics do not matter when buying a supporting stand. While it is true to some extent, people in the art or marketing field like having a colorful desk. The look and feel of their stand and enclosure are just as important as their functionality for those people.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Gooseneck Tablet Holder?
A tablet holder is the same as a phone holder – so let’s learn about the advantages of using it.
Have Your Device In Front of You
organized. But in a workspace, piles of files can line up quickly. So, it is convenient to have your tablet in front of you. For this reason, tablet holders are so much popular among working people – you don’t need to organize them specially.
Compatible for Various Devices
As these tablet holders are bendable, you can hold any device in them, whether an iPad, mobile phone, tablet, or any other smart device. Moreover, they come in various sizes so that you have a lot of options available.
Offers a Perfect Viewing Angle
Most of the gooseneck holders offer the possibility of adjusting the viewing angle to your choice. You can tilt, pivot, and even rotate them to personalize your viewing experience when watching a movie or enjoying a video call.
Just like any other tablet holder, a gooseneck holder also provides hands-free usage. It means that you can use it to watch movies, read books, prepare new recipes, enjoy video calls, dance to your favorite song, and a lot more.
Provides Quality & Durability
I have observed that gooseneck tablet holders are generally made of long-lasting quality. Maybe because they have a loose shape, people cannot make up their minds about how to place their device.
Quality plays a crucial role when selecting this type of holder. So, before you decide to buy one, please consider the size, weight, and other attributes of the devices you will place on it.
Here I will review my favorite gooseneck holders from different brands and their pros and cons.
Gooseneck Tablet Holder Reviews
1. Lamicall Gooseneck Tablet Holder
Do you want to watch movies hands-free while lying in bed? Do you want to read recipes while cooking? With an affordable price and 360-degree rotation of Lamicall-gooseneck-tablet-holder, you can do all that from anywhere.
I love this brand so much because it gives the perfect viewing and reading experience. But only as long as you don’t interact with your device. The whole adjustment starts wobbling because of its design principle. But thankfully, you can loop the gooseneck arm into an S shape to reduce the bounce to some extent.
Whether you have an iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad Pro, or a Galaxy tablet, you can hang all of them without worrying about the gooseneck breaking. It is made up of high-quality material; even if I place my laptop on it, it won’t budge..
Lamicall Gooseneck Tablet Holder Product Configuration
|Product Dimensions||6.38 x 11 x 9.4 x 3 inches|
|Operating System||Android, iOS|
- Available at an affordable price.
- It has a sturdy build.
- The holder is easy to install.
- It is compatible with devices ranging from 4.7 to 10.5-inches.
- Its 360-degrees rotation supports both landscape and portrait viewing.
- It works well with mobile phones, tablets, and even laptops.
- It lets you adjust itself to eye level or any height you want.
- You can mount the holder to the bed headboard, desk, or table.
- It protects your eyesight and reduces neck strain as you can adjust it at any distance.
- Its top part starts breaking after prolonged use.
- The whole assembly may wobble if you interact with the tablet.
- The metal connecting the clamp to the arm may snap.
- Its white rubber neck part may give out after constant use.
- If you constantly rotate the tablet, the holder’s wires may break.
- Requires an enormous amount of force to move or adjust the stand.
2. Tyrone Gooseneck Tablet Stand
One day, I watched a movie on my tablet only to get a crick in my neck and arms. It made me realize how desperately I need a holder, specifically the gooseneck one, if I want to continue watching in bed. So, I ordered a tablet stand from Tryone at an affordable price range.
- Available at an affordable price.
- Most extended gooseneck tablet holder in the market.
- Made up of solid material to ensure stability.
- Provides excellent support to devices up to 500g weight.
- Compatible with almost all 4.7 to 12.9-inch devices.
- Silicone pads help prevent any kind of damage and slippage.
- You can install it on any table, chair, counter, headboard, desk, etc.
- Its flexible cable lets you position your device in any way you want.
- The screen may wobble if you touch it too frequently.
- It takes a fair amount of hand strength to bend the gooseneck.
- Not suitable for any of the Kindle devices.
- As the surface clamp is made of cheap plastic, be careful while making adjustments.
- It takes a lot of strength and attention to remove your device from the clamp.
3. Still Cool Gooseneck Tablet/Smartphone Stand
This one is my favorite stand as it has an effortless design yet a very sturdy build. As it is available in a solid black or white color, it matches the vibe of any room. If you extend it fully, it will measure about 31-inches, and you can adjust it to widths ranging from 4.33 to 7.68-inches.
- It can rotate 360-degrees and has an adjustable clamp up to 3-inches.
- Its minimalist design gives an elegant look to any room.
- It is made of sturdy material which can hold average-sized devices easily.
- It is easy to adjust, and you can place it on a variety of surfaces.
- It can hold a variety of devices without restricting access to their ports.
- You can position it to your liking without worrying about charging your tablet.
- The rubber cushions on the clamp provide a snug fit and insurance against damaging countertops.
- Requires an enormous amount of force to move or adjust the stand.
- Its foam grips do not have good gripping power at all.
- If you readjust the gooseneck, its base may crack or slip.
- You cannot bend it to an S shape to make it more sturdy.
- Its arms are not strong enough to hold heavyweights.
- Its plastic build deforms when tightened, thus putting your device at risk.
4. CTA Gooseneck Tablet Stand
This rolling tablet stand is supported by a 10-pound base and four swiveling casters, making it convenient for you to move it around the house. What I find most interesting about this device is that you can adjust its height from 46 to 60-inches and even tilt or bend its metal gooseneck.
- Provides a good amount of mobility.
- It is not tippy and does not sag.
- It has a flexible yet sturdy gooseneck.
- You can drag this device wherever you go.
- Its telescoping pole allows for faster height adjustments.
- Its sturdy flat feet eradicate the danger of stubbing your toe.
- You can lock its wheels on hard surfaces or a low-pile carpet.
- It can rotate 360-degrees and accommodate devices from 7 to 13-inches.
- You can tilt or bend its jointed gooseneck to find your optimal viewing angle.
- You can only tip your tablet side to side when in landscape mode.
- It is a little unstable as all four feet do not touch the ground.
- Its holder is not adjustable and cannot even hold an iPad Pro.
- Its metallic gooseneck runs the risk of falling off after some time.
- It is cumbersome to re-screw each arm every time you want to snap a device in.
5. APPS2Car Gooseneck Tablet Car Mount
If you use a tablet even when driving, this suction-style holder is the right fit for you. I once tried mounting one of my friend’s to the windshield and had the best viewing experience at eye level. If you want to navigate or stream videos while on the road, you can consider this pick.
- It is available at an affordable price on Amazon.
- It is compatible with all e-devices up to 11-inches.
- The two-step lever makes it easy to attach a suction cup.
- It allows hands-free navigation with a larger screen view.
- It lets you switch between portrait and landscape view.
- 360-degree flexibility gives the perfect viewing angle without blocking the road view.
- You can adjust its 13-inch aluminum neck to suit your viewing preferences.
- The anti-vibration stabilizer enhances steadiness while driving.
- The adjustable loading button and a locking system for all devices.
- Its spring may break into two if you put too much pressure.
- The stabilizer does not have any suction and works poorly.
- Some people find it hard to take off the suction cup.
- The suction cup gel may start to melt in areas with hot weather.
- It is hard to get the slime and residue of suction off of your windshield.
After reviewing the above tablet holders, I can vouch for Lamicall to be worthy of your buying. It is well-constructed and has a sturdy design that can hang devices of any size and weight. It doesn’t matter whether you have a tablet or not because you can even put a laptop on it.
When looking for a tablet holder, the one thing that matters to me the most is adjusting it to different modes. Fortunately, the Lamicall tablet holder allows 360-degrees rotation, so I can use my device while sitting on the desk or walking around the room. The only part where it lags is not having a lockable enclosure. So, if this feature matters to you a lot, you may consider other models on the list.